Holiday Outreach Opportunities
Help Project 10:27 which serves senior adults in one of these two ways:
- We will host a Thanksgiving outreach to our seniors who live at the Heights of Bulverde (long-term care nursing home) on Saturday, November 18. We need volunteers to support this event, funds to purchase supplies, and goodies such as pies and other treats.
- We give each senior adult a Christmas goodie bag each year. We provide an Amazon wish for people to buy things that we will put in the bags. Our list usually includes things like socks, blankets, and other popular items. We would love to have the people to help fill the bags. Contact Shane Carter for more info.
The GOOD HOOD Affordable Christmas gives families on the Eastside of San Antonio the opportunity to provide Christmas gifts for their children in a way that preserves dignity and promotes empowerment. THE GOODHOOD collects brand-new toys and cash donations (which we use to purchase more gifts) to create a store and the toys are priced at approximately 1/10 of the original retail value.
Families from our neighborhood are invited to shop for their children at the store before Christmas. Parents are able to pick out the perfect gifts and become the hero to their kids on Christmas morning. Please help us make heroes by donating today! Go here to donate. For more information, contact Charles Foltz.
Help the Edgewood Police Department in one of these two ways:
- Turkey Giveaway and Turkey Stops November 13-17: They need monetary donations or gift cards, so they can shop for the items they need. This year they are looking to serve a total of 250 families for the turkey giveaway and a total of 80 turkey traffic stops.
- Christmas Toy Drive December 11-15: The toy drive serves between 500 to 600 kids, because a lot of our families are large in size. Gifts are especially needed for older kids. Any and all volunteers that would like to come
- make the turkey bags,
- do a ride-along for the traffic stops,
- and wrap toys.
Contact Ashley at the Edgewood Police Department for more information.