Disciple Making Resources
Here are three disciple making tools to guide you and those you are discipling.
New Believers: Now What?
Below is a helpful progression that focuses on discovering what the Bible says, as we embrace God's answers to our most basic human questions. There is no time table for each, and feel free to explore the additional videos and resources to help you grow to be more like Jesus.
- Parables Exploring Jesus
- Assurance of Salvation
- Refer to Freedom Section below if at any time a person is struggling to hear God or is wrestling with sin.
- Discovery Bible Study
- The Prophet's Story
- Overview of The Bible
- Learning to Share Your Story
- Books of the Bible Summaries
Available at the connection center
- Beginning the Journey - A five week foundational guide for discipleship for new or beginning believers
- Now that I'm a Christian - An easy to read brief booklet to help transition a new believer before discipling begins
Identity: Who am I?
Let's explore and discover who God is: Father, Son, Spirit. This will help us know who we are.
Belonging: Where to I Belong?
As we understand and receive our identity in Christ, we embrace that we are members of God’s family and members of the Body of Christ.
Purpose: Why Am I Here?
We are all called to be disciplemakers as we follow and fish with Jesus (Mark 1:17). We do this by discovering our spiritual gifts and our unique calling, so that we live for the Kingdom of God.
Freedom: What is Keeping Me from Experiencing God's Fullness?
As we follow Jesus and grow spiritually, we are aware of our enemies and the hindrances to our new lives in Christ. The world, our flesh, and the devil are the enemies and we all have inner strongholds or places that keep us from walking in victory now.
Freedom in Christ
- Galatians 4:21-31, 5:1, John 8:31-36, 2 Corinthians 3:16-18, 10:3-5, Romans 6, 8:1-4, Isaiah. 61:1, Ephesians 3:12, 6:10-18, I Peter 2:16-17
Books of the Bible
Choose a book of the Bible and read through it together during the week.
- Ephesians- one chapter a day
Choose a chapter or two for the week and read through to really focus deeply.
- Colossians 3
Choose a story or account
- Mark 4:1-20: Parable of the soils
- Matthew 5:1-12: Beatitudes
- Luke 4:1-14: Temptation of Jesus